Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/17:

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> At 11:28 PM 7/20/97 -0400, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>

> My guess is WJMN.  The calls I get at night from teens tend toward
> urban/hip-hop stuff.  Look at the numbers....'JMN does well in the 12+
> ratings, but 25-54 barely makes the top 10.

That depends which ratings service you are using :-). At 'JMN they
just love AccuRatings(#1 in 12+). In the Spring
AccuRatings, among 25-54, 'JMN  is tied for 4th with WZLX(6.0) behind
WBCN(6.5), WXKS(6.3) and WBMX(6.3)....

A true hip hop fan doesnt listen 'JMN. They play the same 25 songs in
heavy rotation(repeating every 2 hours), half of them come from 1990's
syrupy R+B style(no rap, just lots of sampling from classic disco songs).
Once in while they''ll throw in a Goldie from Gloria Gaynor("I will
survive"), Kool and The Gang("Celebration"), Bob Marley("One Love") or
UB40("Red Wine') just to remind their young listners that all
that sampling they hear in today's music actually came from somewhere
in the past...

- -Mark