Re: History Timelines etc

<<On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:24:25 -0400 (EDT), "'A. Joseph Ross'" <lawyer@world.std.com> said:

> Where on the spectrum would such a translator go?  If there's someplace
> in the Boston FM dial available for a translator, why can't WRBB move
> there?  As I understand the rules for stations of WRBB's class, WBOQ could
> force the move.  Or am I understanding the rules wrong?

There are actually a number of gaps which could feasibly be filled by
WRBB, but none of them are permitted under the current spacing rules.
They include:

88.5 (WMBR, WERS, and WFCR)
89.3 (WERS, WGBH)
94.9 (WJMN, WHRB, WHOM)
96.3 (WSRS, W242AA, WOXF, WKLB-FM)
96.5 (WOXF, WKLB-FM)
97.5 (WKLB-FM, WJFD, WCAV)
97.9 (WCAV, WCTK, WBMX)
99.9 (WOAZ, WQRC, WBRS)
101.3 (WFNX, cp W267AI)
102.1 (WFNX, WCRB)
102.9 (WCRB, WODS)
103.7 (WODS, WWRX-FM, WBCN)
104.7 (WXLO, WBOQ)
105.3 (WBOQ, WWLI, WROR-FM)
106.1 (WROR-FM, WCOD, WWKX, WMJX)
107.5 (WAAF, WXKS-FM)

None of these could likely be squeezed open enough to turn WRBB into
even an NCE-micro-A.

- -GAWollman

- --