RE: History Timelines etc. (99.5 divisio

Scott D Fybush[

>Could American Tower Systems get a new client for the WEGQ stick in
>Middleton?  Seems to me (without trying to dig out the relevant maps
>from the moving boxes...) that it's 17 km from that tower to WERS.

>Better yet, if the owners of 99.1 and 99.5 were sufficiently motivated,
>they could probably do a deal to turn in the 99.1 license, move 99.5B
>to 99.3B or B1, allocated to Watertown or some other nearby-to-Boston
>community, and put the stick at 128 or the Pru.

>They'd need to do some juggling out in the hinterlands, like moving
>Kennebunkport (to 99.5A?), Block Island (to 99.1A, unless it would be
>short
>spaced to WPLR), and maybe even Northampton (to 99.5A, I'd imagine).

>It's not unprecedented; larger-scale frequency shifts have been done
>in the Southwest and elsewhere...

After all the effort and energy put into getting people to remember the
Dial Position (Mix98.5, Oldies 103[point3], Eagle93.7, KISS108, Jammin'
94.5, etc...) this could cause mental cramps in listeners for months.

Showin' the age here, but I remember when console radios for the parlor
were sold with push buttons for quick tuning.  The radio came with a
sheet of little paper tags with all the call letters in the dealer's
area.  The dealer set up each push button (actually a separate tuning
coil) to the buyer's preference and inserted the call letters in the
button.  Other radios without pushbuttons had the call letters of the BIG
stations etched right into the tuning dial.  Kinda shows the expected
permanency.