Re: History Timelines etc. (99.5 division)

<<On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:13:05 -0400 (EDT), Rob Landry <umar@wcrb.com> said:

> How about shutting down 99.5 and moving 99.1?  It's third-adjacent to
> 98.5; are there any other impediments?

Probably Henniker, but I suspect they could put a weak null that way
and still cover the market better.  Moving to 99.3 is the one that
makes the most sense to me, though, although I don't know what the FCC
would think of deleting the only FM licensed to Plymouth... Plymouth
is pretty populous these days, and you might have a tough time finding
a city with a greater population that doesn't already have a
commercial licensee.

Leaving both stations as-is would give better coverage among most of
the current format's target demos, and puts a good signal into Newport
(without a JZ signal since the death of WOTB), Providence, the Cape,
Manchester, and Portsmouth.  Of course, it is almost impossible to
sell such an area, so it's not clear what they might gain from such a
combination.

- -GAWollman

- --