Re: WNMH, NorthEast Radio Watch 7/10: On and Off The Air

>At 08:08 PM 7/15/97 +0000, you [Dan] wrote:
>Now THAT's DAMNED clever! If you divide 365.25 (the .25 is the leap-year
>allowance), you get 91.3125. Since summer is 1/4 of a year, it really is
>very close to 91 and a half days long. Besides the fact that there are no
>officially commercial stations in the US in the vicinity of 91.3, I doubt
>that anyone in commercial radio would give the audience credit for being
>able to figure out WHY the slogan is so clever. If I lived up that way, I'd
>listen for a while just on the strength of the clever slogan. I imagine I'd
>tune out before too long, though, because I wouldn't like the music.

Only problem is that they started this slogan with about 70 days or so left
to summer...still better than listening to all the ads on 'KNE (even if they
are the folks who sign my paycheck! ;-) or 'TSA. And, yes, the music _does_
get old rather quickly...strange to listen to, with no DJ to speak of
(except evenings). Almost like a free jukebox with all of "today's biggest
hits" played back-to-back.

Doug Bassett
1490/WKVT
Brattleboro, Vt.

"Opinions are mine and not necessarily those of my employers and/or co-workers"