I'll Be Blasting You .....(was:Major Mudd)

     Major Mudd (Eddie McDonald) died in 1979 as a result of complications
from his diabetes that he had been fighting with most of his life.  It was
these same complications that caused him to lose his sight later on toward
the end of his life.  He was a character on Channel 7 for so many years
with his live studio audience (later on it was taped) and his Three Stooges
short and Warner Brothers cartoons.  Every morning at 7:00 am I always had
my Super Helmet 7 ready for the countdown that began every program.  For
a brief period he moved to 4:30 in the afternoon (1966) but eventually he
stayed at the morning slot.  It eventually was extended to 2 hours every
day from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, right before the Paul Benzaquin Show.  (Now,
there's a name from the past !)  When Major Mudd moved back to the morning
slot in 1967, the afternoon slot was replaced with a live show featuring
"Captain America" and some of those Marvel comic book cartoons.  The one
thing I remember about "Captain America" on Channel 7 was the live wrap-
around spots where eventually the local talent playing "Captain America"
took off his mask, live and in color.  It must have been toward the end
of the show's run.  Does anyone recall this show on WNAC-TV  ?

- -Pete-

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
33 Stetson St., Apt. 2                  *                  +
Whitman, Massachusetts  02382           *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                +\|/+
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *               + \|/ +
W221AG@hotmail.com (my FM translator)   *               + \|/ +