Re: Feedback on WROR

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Question:  Would there be an audience in Boston for this mix packaged with
> a *decent* news effort (top hour news, etc.) reminiscent of the full svc
> a/c AMs?

Probably. If you trust the trends, most of them will probably be women
25-54....:-)

It will be interesting to see how 'ROR performed(you couldnt miss
those "Fun Station" TV spots  3 months ago :-) in the Spring Book which
comes out in a couple of days. According to the Winter'97,
the only bright side for 'ROR was  women 25-54 numbers --
4.8(from 3.9 in the Fall '96). It was down in all the male demos(a big
drop in Male 25-49, from 3.9 to 2.7) and unchanged or up by a tiny
fraction in the usual target age demos(12+,18-49, 18-34,25-49,etc)

I dont know what it is about Greater Media stations here, but they seem
to be doing a pretty good job with older female demos....even WOAZ jumped
to 3.5(from 2.3) in Women 25-54. Of course Magic had its mega 9.7 but
their other stations fared pretty well : 'KLB rose from 3.3 to 4.2 and
WBOS got a decent 5.0....

- -Mark