RE: WXPO-TV in Lowell????

WXPO-TV signed on in late fall of 1969 and went black in March of 70 (power company cut the power to the Windham transmitter site while station was off the air early one morning)

It was an Ampex showcase facility - 7 Marconi color cameras, etc.

Most remembered show - The live telecast of Lowell's Holiday Festival Parade (we just rolled a camera out the front door) - show was replayed to death.

- -gary francis

PS - got my first on-camera TV job there as a 17 yr old newscaster