Re:

> Speaking of WBOQ, does anyone have any stories about Simon Geller, who
> owned WVCA, which was later sold to Tanger and became W-BACH? A man
> operating a radio station out of his apartment was a really fascinating
> story.

I will never forget that voice!  Typical break:
"....(pause)...(pause)...(cough)...THIS IS Dubbayu VCA  in GLAWWSTAH
MASSACHUUUSETTS...."  Everytime.  Didn't he record his music all on ancient
reels and playback on Wollensacks or something? (In mono, of course.)
Boston Magazine or New England Monthly (rip) did a big story on him near
the end of his time there, had his photo on the cover.  Despite the
characterization, I did feel that "I had better listen because I will
*never* catch an act like this again..."

Bill