Capt Bob

On		 Wed, 16 Jul 1997, 'A. Joseph Ross' wrote:

> Well, I do remember Ruff and Ready being hosted by Captain Bob, but I
> never heard that the show was produced by Channel 5.  I think Ruff and
> Ready (which featured two cartoon dogs, I think) originally was on Channel
> 4 after Howdy Doody.

  One little footnote on Captain Bob, he somehow got hoodwinked into
producing a new version of his show at WXPO-TV in Lowell. (with the hopes
of syndication)...but since WXPO had major RF problems being 600 feet away
from the WLLH transmitter, the only time you could get a clean signal was
after 1 AM when LLH went off the air. (Channel 50 used Marconi cameras and
while putting out decent color sheiding was not a strong point)

  Well poor Bob left his beloved set (the original from Channel 5) in the
studio.....and for a short time it was used as the set of a ski show
hosted by Doug Wheeler, and then sadly the set got trashed along with
everything else when the station was gutted.