Re: History Timelines etc

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> At 04:30 AM 7/16/97 +0000, you wrote:
>
> A friend of mine worked on radio in Torrington CT in the early 50s (at what
> has since become WSNG). He says that one of the biggest advertisers on the
> station (then a 250W Class IV, that wasn't heard much beyond Torrington and
> neigboring Winsted) was Genesee Beer from Rochester NY. This went on for
> several years--until the beer company found out that it had no distribution
> in northwestern CT. Just goes to show that the public sector doesn't hold a
> monopoly on wasting money. Imagine the scandal this would have caused if,
> instead of a private company, the advertiser had been a public agency. The
> Hartford Courant and the TV stations would probably have had a field day. As
> it was, only a few people ever found out.

Well, I've always wondered why I've seen so many taxicabs in downtown
Boston sporting signs promoting WBOQ, when WBOQ had no listenable signal
in downtown Boston.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/