Re: WBOQ and 104.9FM

>>I thought all ten watters had to upgrade or be off the air by
now....no?<<

No.  Per my reading, the order of preference (loosely stated) is:
upgrade to Class A, or find a commercial channel where no interference
(as defined in the rules) is caused, or move to the non-commercial
channel with the least preclusionary effect on other stations'
development.  As secondary stations, Class D have no protection from
interference from higher classes of stations.

The relevant contour of WRBB does not go quite far enough to cause
prohibited overlap (interference) to WBOQ within its protected service area
(1 mV/m), which extends, at most, 18 miles from the Gloucester site.