Re: Romper Room

At 07:09 AM 7/15/97 -0000, Bill O'Neill wrote:
>> Ah yes, Bozo and Nozo and Miss Jean.  Anyone remember Miss Frances and
>Ding
>> Dong School?  And speaking of local shows, how about Major Mudd?
>Whatever
>> happened to him???
>>

>I heard the Major succumbed to a medical condition he had for a while.
>Remember the sliding door to the set that often got stuck half open and
>needed a shove the rest of the way?  He seemed excited everytime someone
>said they were from South Weymouth.  (Everyone's gotta like someplace....)
>
>Was Jean Harrington the only Miss Jean or was that a franchise like Bozo?
>I must admit, at the early viewing years in the mid 60s I bought into that
>Magic Mirror idea big time.

Well, I unfortunately only know what I have heard and what I have seen from
reruns on channel 68 in early 1993, but I think it was a franchise (there
was some scandal involving one of the hosts - anyone know more about it?) as
I remember the host on the WABU reruns as having a different name.
                                                                      - Keith