Romper Room

> Ah yes, Bozo and Nozo and Miss Jean.  Anyone remember Miss Frances and
Ding
> Dong School?  And speaking of local shows, how about Major Mudd?
Whatever
> happened to him???

I heard the Major succumbed to a medical condition he had for a while.
Remember the sliding door to the set that often got stuck half open and
needed a shove the rest of the way?  He seemed excited everytime someone
said they were from South Weymouth.  (Everyone's gotta like someplace....)

Was Jean Harrington the only Miss Jean or was that a franchise like Bozo?
I must admit, at the early viewing years in the mid 60s I bought into that
Magic Mirror idea big time.

Captain Kangaroo - a big chunk of his set along with the Dancing Bear - are
tucked away in a small display at a (forget exactly but can find out) gift
shop on the Cape.  Sort of like in exile...  By accident, browsing, I
happened into this back room and there was this life sized - bear and other
set stuff.  The proprietor confirmed that it was, indeed, the one and only
Dancing Bear from the 60s kids show.  He actually flipped the switch and
the bear (a bit musty around the edges) did a little soft show, er, paw.
(Am I the only one interested in this?!  If so, I'll change the subject and
never bring it up again.  ;--)