WADN off the air

I don't know whether it's just a temporary glitch or whether it's the end of
the road for the former Walden 1120, but WADN (most recently, Bloomberg for
Boston--in their _dreams_) is off the air this evening. In its place,
co-channel WPRX, Bristol CT, is BOOMING in. I wish I had a signal strength
meter. I'd say that, on peaks, the signal must easily exceed 5 mV/m. If I'm
right, WADN's interference-free contour extends all the way to 100 mV/m (or
the end of the ground system--whichever comes first). How WPRX ever got its
power increase, I don't know. The signal is so loud, the splatter from WBBR
is inaudible.

We've speculated that ARS might buy WADN and silence it to make room for a
power increase for WNFT. It's hard to believe that Ned Crecelius would
refuse any reasonable opportunity to get out from under. Maybe that's what
happened. Maybe it's just routine technical difficulties, or maybe he ran
out of money to pay the power bill.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205