Re: June 9 1948 Newspapers

Yes, WBZ used to have a shortwave, and that's where both Street Stuart and
Carl deSuze spent some time working.  It was an international station--
Streeter had to read the news in several languages (whether he understood
them or not...) I could check the dates, but I believe in went on the air
sometime in the mid 1930s... in the early 40s, it was still on-- before WBZ
really got heavily involved with FM.  It operated from the Bradford Hotel
along with WBZ Radio, and yes I believe the xmitter was in Scituate... Also
in Boston at the time was another so-called international station, W1XAL...