Re: New, "improved" WEEI signal

>My theory on what's going on at WEEI is tower maintenance. I suspect that
>WEEI is running DA-1 or ND-1 with a modified pattern while they work on one
>or more towers. The FCC is pretty lenient about prohibited overlap under
>such temporary conditions.

No current work going on at EEI as far as I know. We did a bunch of
reliability upgrades about 18 months ago, cause after they QSYd to their
current freq the towers were 100' too short or too tall, depending on
your outlook, and the voltage at the common point was over 25KV.  They
had a lot of arcing problems until we replaced lots of hardware at the
ATUs, and its better now, but they really need to re-do the phasor/feed
system to high current/low voltage numbers.  At least now the xmtr isn't
dumping every few days....

John Garrett