``Nostalgia'' stations

I noted when looking at the ratings for Providence that WLKW did quite
well in the last Winter '97 book (as shown in R&R Online); they came
in #3 in the market with a 6.2 rating.  I don't know if this is
artifically inflated by sporting events or not.  The highest-rated
``Boston'' station was WAAF at #14 with a 1.9, followed by WBZ, WEEI,
WJMN, and WPLM-F/A all tied for 15th with a 1.3.  WBOS outrates WBCN
in Providence, presumably because of the presence of local modern
outlets WDGE and WBRU.

- -GAWollman

- --