Re: ethnic radio

> Does anyone know the reasoning behind why Arbitron does not or won't rate
> ethnic (that is, foreign language--) stations?  I was told by a GM that he
> can't get ratings for his AM station no matter how well it does... I thought
> Arbitron rated you no matter what your format...

A friend of mine tells me that in the back of the Arbitron book it says
any commercial radio station will be listed if it meets "minimum reporting
standards" in a Metro or ADI:

1. at least 5 minutes of listening in a quarter-hour in at least 10 in-tab
Metro (ADI) diaries;

2. a metro (ADI) cume rating of 0.5 or greater;

3. an AQH metro (ADI) rating of at least 0.1.

If a station meets these three criteria and it is commercial, it will be
listed in the book.

Rob Landry
umar@wcrb.com