Re: More speculations on 102.1

At 05:29 06/03/1997 PDT, Tony Simon wrote:

>I thought it was _illegal_ to have 2 overlapping signals of the same
>band simulcasting....I seem to recall a situation in Tampa, where there
>was a temporary simulcast of WWRM(FM), and WYNF(FM), and the FCC ordered
>a split between the two.

Look at WKVT-FM (92.7) Brattleboro and WVAY (100.7) Wilmington, Vt. WKVT
puts a decent signal into WVAY's city of licence. And look also at WSSH
(101.5) Marlboro, Vt. and WZSH (107.1) Bellows Falls, Vt. I pick them both
up quite well in Brattleboro. If there is such a law barring simulcasts of
this type, it doesn't seem to be enforced...or perhaps the law was changed.

Doug Bassett
WBVT