More speculations on 102.1

>> I find it difficult to believe that WSTG will simulcast WHOM, as the
WHOM
>> penetration in the WSTG listening area is close to 100%. Doesn't make
>> sense, unless this move is an interim one. WHOM just doesn't need the
>'STG
>> simulcast IMHO.

I thought it was _illegal_ to have 2 overlapping signals of the same
band simulcasting....I seem to recall a situation in Tampa, where there
was a temporary simulcast of WWRM(FM), and WYNF(FM), and the FCC ordered
a split between the two.
Also, and I admit that I'm not exactly familiar with the market, but
couldn't it be possible that FJ plans to temporarily simulcast on both
stations, and then maybe permanently move WHOM to 102.1, making way for
a new format at 94.9?? We'll have a better idea of the whole thing this
afternoon, I guess.
...And who makes these station countdown computer programs anyway??

- --Tony