Re: WDER/WCAT

At 01:29 06/03/1997 -0400, Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
[2nd & 3rd person quoted material snipped]

>Nooooo.   WNTK-1020 in Newport NH is 10kw, and its owner has just applied for
>720 in Hanover NH with daytime 50kw!!!!     But you may be right about the
>ego.
>
>----jibguy

A halfway decent (not great) signal in Brattleboro on a better than average
receiver during the day and KDKA at night! The FM (99.7) barely makes it
down here (the WMYY/WBAR-FM translator which is supposed to relay WVAY in
Marlboro, Vt., mucks it up a bit, as does the strong (line of site)  signal
on 1st adjacent WCAT-FM (99.9).

On another subject, I finally heard an ID on 99.9: "WCAT Athol-Gardner" and
"WCAT-FM Gardner". Neither _quite_ legal, but who bothers with to-the-letter
legal IDs anymore? <g>

Doug Bassett
West Brattleboro, Vt.