Re: Top o' the hour

H Glazer wrote:

> WOKQ Dover/Portsmouth is another top-o-hour offender: The BIG Station,
> 50,000 watts, etc. How is this supposed to impress the listener? Are we
> supposed to think the station cares more about us because it turns up
> the power? Gee, I guess I was all wrong about WCAS in the '70s.
>
> Howard

I think that is just a marketing ploy.  Of the stations in the Seacoast,
WOKQ has the most power....and they just want to remind the listeners of
that.  From what I am told, their sales staff stress the point,
especially in dealing with potential clients.

Dan Cole
WTSN / WBYY
Dover, NH

PS...our AM doesn't do too bad at 5,000 watts, nor the FM at 6,000
watts.