ARS begins 'NFR LMA

On the LTAR that aired today (we taped it last Tuesday evening, the 27th), I
observed that it seemed as though ARS wasn't going to LMA WNFT but was going
to wait to take over operations until the FCC approved the transfer of the
station. The sale of WNFT to ARS by Greater Media had been announced about
two weeks earlier. On the 27th, WNFT was still // WKLB. Bob chided me that
you never know what 1150's format will be from one day to the next. Right
again, Bob! I tuned past 1150 this evening and I thought I was caught in a
time warp or was undergoing a flashback to ABC/SMN's now-dead Z-Rock format,
which had aired on a lot of near-death AMs. WNFT is now // WAAF. I can
hardly imagine that hard-rock/heavy-metal is what ARS has in mind for its
latest AM property in the Hub (let's hope not, anyhow--that crap makes
Salem, Communicom, and Blount sound as if they really are connected with
God) but I guess we have to keep waiting to find out what ARS has in mind.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205