Re: WHEB-AM...RIP

>As someone who has worked in the same market as WHEB for all these
>years, including the days before the AM went dark....the answer as to
>why it happened is very simple.
>Economics.

Couldn't the WHEB-AM signoff also be a case of "the transmitter site
alone is worth more than the station, so we'll sell the land to some
developer and get rid of the station"?

This -almost- caused the demise of WDGY in Minneapolis.  The transmitter
site was sold for use as an office park of some or other purpose, and
the station went dark for a while.  It would have stayed that way, had
not someone bought the station, and found a suitable xmitter site (which
was done a few months ago).

- --Tony