Re: WHEB-AM...RIP

As someone who has worked in the same market as WHEB for all these
years, including the days before the AM went dark....the answer as to
why it happened is very simple.
Economics.
WHEB-FM is a money maker.  In its last years WHEB-AM lost a lot of money
for Knight.  There was constant downsizing, to use the modern
term...canning of staff, to be accurate about it....but the AM, as a
daytime-only operation, did not pay for itself.

and on another topic....it was announced today that ARS has bought all
four seacoast stations from Precision....both stations in Exeter and
both in Rochester.
Guess that'll shake things up a bit around here.

and still another thing, so long as my fingers are flying.  The
countdown now being used on the Stage (WSTG) is the same one used when
Fuller-Jeffrey put Arrow on the air up here.   Simulcast WHOM?
Good...maybe it'll get our FM sales staff off their butts!   :)

Enjoy,

Dan Cole
WTSN / WBYY
Dover, NH