Re: WBOS on 93.3 in Merrimack Valley

> >From the NorthEast Radio Watch:
>
> >Up in Andover, Greater Media is pressing ahead with its application
> >for a 93.3 translator for WBOS (92.9 Brookline-Boston).
>
> Is WBOS' signal that bad up there?  I can't recall that it or any of the
> FM-128 stations has particularly poor coverage up into the Merrimack
> Valley.  Could this just be to try to take listeners from WXRV in the
> Andover area?
>
> Ed Hennessy

That would be my best bet.   Here in *historic* Lowell we catch WBOS as
loud and clear as ANY of the FM-128s.  But then again, isn't that giving
the owners a bit too much credit with regards to committing to a format?
(Particularly given the checkered past of that freq...  ;-)     A question
could be if there is any plan for a translator for 99.5 (Andover) closer to
Boston?  Bill O'Neill