Re: WBOS on 93.3 in Merrimack Valley

Ehenness wrote:

> Is WBOS' signal that bad up there?  I can't recall that it or any of the
> FM-128 stations has particularly poor coverage up into the Merrimack
> Valley.  Could this just be to try to take listeners from WXRV in the
> Andover area?

I have noticed on Rte 93 between the Merrimack River and Rte 495 some
weakening of the WBOS signal, but actually it's worst in Haverhill ('XRV's
COL)
There are some serious dead spots in Haverhill-Downtown, but as you go
North to Plaistow NH, the signal completely recovers. It may be a
"competition" thing, but I think this is a legit "dead spot" issue (in
Haverhill, anyway)

On the subject, sometimes there's an interesting signal pattern in my
hometown (Derry NH) where in some parts of town, at times, I get
WEZF-Burlington VT (also 92.9) blowing over 'BOS.

My only other question is wattage, with WSNE/WNHI both coming in at 93.3 in
Andover at times (Today, 5/29 for example, WSNE was coming in quite well as
I drove North on 93 through Andover.) My guess is if they get it at all, it
will be very low power.

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH