Re: WHEB/WPFM

Rick Kelly said:

> Their PD was a gentlemen named Andy Carey, who I think worked his
> way down to Boston at WCOZ. He was quite talented, and as I
> understand it, passed away in the early eighties.

I worked with Andy at WJBQ/Portland in the mid-80s during its first
run as a CHR under owner John Bride.  I was probably one of the last
people to see him alive, doing what he loved.  I remember how
stunned I was to learn of his sudden death.  He was driving across
the Million Dollar Bridge that separates Portland from South
Portland and dropped dead of a heart attack.  We knew each other
only briefly, but in that time I can honestly say he was one of the
nicest people I'd ever met in the business, and a consummate
professional to boot.

Take care,

Chris