Re: WHEB/WPFM

On 28 May 1997 at 3:06 a.m., you wrote:

>Pretty amazing that the would turn in the lisence, isn't it.  What's
>even more strange is that no one else has applied for it....no one else
>wants it.  Actually it's pretty sad.

Not a matter of no one wanting it. It's a matter where the FCC does no
longer hand out daytime-only AM licenses. That is what WHEB-AM was until
its signoff. Besides, with the new 720 in Hanover, N.H., it would be hard
in my assumption to squeeze another signal in on 750.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net
seans@magneto.cybersmith.com