Re: WHEB/WPFM

At 01:07 PM 5/28/97 +0000, you wrote:
>On 28 May 1997 at 3:06 a.m., you wrote:
>
>>Pretty amazing that the would turn in the lisence, isn't it.  What's
>>even more strange is that no one else has applied for it....no one else
>>wants it.  Actually it's pretty sad.
>
>Not a matter of no one wanting it. It's a matter where the FCC does no
>longer hand out daytime-only AM licenses. That is what WHEB-AM was until
>its signoff. Besides, with the new 720 in Hanover, N.H., it would be hard
>in my assumption to squeeze another signal in on 750.

Nawww. The requirement is no overlap of 25 mv/m contours. You have the whole
width of NH and a good piece of the height of the state to attenuate the
signal. Overlap with Hanover (if Hanover ever gets a CP and is ever built)
would be no problem. What is surprising is that WHEB could not get a CP for
night service. Check your map. The distance from Atlanta to Portsmouth is
about 100 miles greater than the distance from Chicago to Ashland (890).
Apparently WSB was able to demonstrate to the FCC's satisfaction that its
0.5 mv/m 50% skywave contour falls north of Portsmouth. I find it hard to
believe, though. I can't pick up WSB here very much at all, and, despite
WBPS, I can still get WLS on most nights.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205