Re: WHEB/WPFM

In a message dated 97-05-28 03:08:31 EDT, LJNF40D@prodigy.com (BUMP MARTIN)
writes:

>Pretty amazing that the would turn in the lisence, isn't it.  What's
>even more strange is that no one else has applied for it....no one else
>wants it.  Actually it's pretty sad.

Once a DAYtime station's license is turned in, it cannot be re-issued, since
the FCC no longer will permit new AM stations (unless someone grabs one from
another state....... a la 650; or another location).  Since 750's license was
turned in, it was no longer a station, therefore it croaked.     Too bad;
 *I* would have bought it.  Now I'm working on trying to buy 760, 770 (oops,
neither for sale!).

- ----jibguy