Re: John Garabedian

<<  He was also PD of WMEX in the early 70s.  >>

As a young student of radio broadcasting, it seemed to me that Garabedian's
tenure at WMEX was sort of legendary.  Whether it's true or not I don't know,
but he spoke to my radio class at Grahm about how the station was beating
'RKO at the time he was PD.  He talked a lot about the comparitively poor
signal 'MEX had as compared to 'RKO, and stated that the signal "problem" was
not a major consideration, that if you give people something they really want
to hear, they'll turn their radio or whatever to hear it.  That simple theory
may still stand today.

Rick Kelly