Re: AM 600 Montreal

Donna Halper said:

>And I still think the idea behind daytimers is goofy  when applied to 1997.
>It may have made great sense in the 1930s and 40s, but frankly, I think it
>serves no useful purpose anymore (I can hear Dan's finger poised at the
>keyboard---).  AM is in enough trouble as it is.  Why not let everyone
>compete in their own market, without having to "protect" stations that no
>longer have an impact in that market...

While market conditions have certainally changed, the principals of radio
signal propogation have not.  Since medium wave signals generally travel
farther at night, there is still room for fewer such signals during the
hours of darkness.

Like my high school physics teacher used to say, "Physics always works,
engineering often doesn't".

Larry Weil