Re: AM 600 Montreal

In a message dated 97-05-13 02:48:19 EDT, dlh@donnahalper.com (Donna Halper)
writes:

> AM is in enough trouble as it is.  Why not let everyone
>compete in their own market, without having to "protect" stations that no
>longer have an impact in that market...

Because, the clears are generally owned by behemoth broadcasters who have the
bucks and the influence to make sure that their clear channel service area is
protected.   Money talks.

Not sour grapes here..  I'm quite happy with my daytime station.  Sure, I'd
like night, too (with more than 5,000 milliwatts), but I'm happy with it as
it is.

- ----jibguy