Re: AM 600 Montreal

In a message dated 97-05-12 09:00:44 EDT, fenway@zip1.ziplink.net (KEVIN
VAHEY) writes:

>Posing a question that nobody has ever been able to answer for me. CIQC
>(CFCF) has been on the air since 1919 and might very well be the oldest
>commercial station in North America. Given that, how did they get stuck
>with such an awful nightime signal?

These things sometimes just happen.   Look at WEJL-630 in Scranton, PA; owned
by the city's newspapaer;  went on the air in 1922?; and is still a daytimer
(with 19 watts at night or something like that.)    Some older stations were
just asleep at the switch when competitors were more eager.

- ----jibguy