Bob Steele

Mark Casey wrote:

BTW, how 'bout Bob Steele in your dream team DJ line-up. He was still on
WTIC AM one Saturday a month, the last time I checked, and at the ripe old
age of
nearly 86! We do grow some CORN in the Connecticut River Valley, and Bob has
contributed to the crop for many years. He even put out a book a few years
back, with
most all of his jokes in it.

        Bob Steele is on one Saturday a month. He's done his show for May.
Still talking up to the time tone as if he pressed a button to play it. The
show he does now is all 30s, 40s and 50s music. It must sound a lot like
his show sounded 40 to 50 years ago. Since the station went all-talk,
there's no playlist that he has to pay any attention to. I don't get up
early enough on Saturday to know whether he's still selling the pattern
change at sunrise. He used to have a home heating oil company sponsor it
with a 15-second live spot. He called it the "antenna switch" and said it
was brought to you by So and So Heating Oil. After the pause, the pitch
was, "Switch to So and So Heating Oil . . . "