RE: Censoring "Kodachrome"

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Roger Kirk wrote:

> In the late 60's and early 70's, record companies provided copies of
> songs with doctored lyrics to appease PD's & MD's fearing the worst from
> the listening public.  Some notable examples:

I remember one a bit earlier than that.  There was a song, circa 1960 or
so, called "My Boomerang Won't Come Back!"  It was about a member of an
Australian Aborigine tribe who couldn't get his boomerang to come back.
It contained the line, "I waived the thing all over the place, practiced
till I was black in the face, ..."

After the song had been out awhile, apparently it generated some
complaints from someone, and the word "blue" was substituted for "black."

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/