Re: Top 40 on WBZ

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         In my original post, I was referring to the mid-60s period. As to
> "Kodachrome," my vague recollection is that radio-station copies were
> issued with the "crap" line replaced by the repetition of the corresponding
> line from another verse of the song and that lots of stations censored that
> line. Does anyone recall what the other Boston stations, especially the AM
> stations, did with it?

What I thought they did was take the line from the next stanza, "When I
think of all the girls I knew when I was single" and dub it into that
stanza as well.  As I recall, other stations played the song undisturbed.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/