Re: more about...WEZE rock

>On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Donna Halper wrote:
>
>> [Donna says--- do any of you recall WEZE playing rock?  I sure don't...]
>At 06:33 AM 5/1/97 -0400, Kevin wrote:
>  No way back then........WEZE was my dads button on the car radio...(and
>after Jess in the morning was his station of choice)

WEZE may never have played rock but its predecessor on 1260, WVDA,
definitely did.
And I think John Q. Public(as opposed to this group[we never forget!]), for
the first few months anyway, equates the spot on the dial as the same entity
even though the station's been sold and/or call letters changed.
Donna, did new owners buy WVDA and change the calls to WEZE or was it the
same owners changing format? And when did that occur?

> Though I did catch him a few times with WMEX as last listened station in
>car, he "claimed" he listened to Jerry, but he seldom was ever not home
>after 10......

A closet WooWoo Ginsberg fan?  It was a riot listening to the first 20
minutes of Jerry Williams at 10PM right after WooWoo as he crashed down the
phone numerous times when the "crazy teenagers" were calling in. WMEX had
quite a convoluted demographic at the 10PM hour!

> and besides, he had a habit of taking us out to dinner at a certain fast
>food place in Saugus every weekend :)

"I designed it -- but you're gonna eat it -- The Ginsberger. Adventure Car
Hop is the place to go..."