Re: more about payola in Boston

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> [Donna says--- do any of you recall WEZE playing rock?  I sure don't...]

  No way back then........WEZE was my dads button on the car radio...(and
after Jess in the morning was his station of choice)

 Though I did catch him a few times with WMEX as last listened station in
car, he "claimed" he listened to Jerry, but he seldom was ever not home
after 10......

 and besides, he had a habit of taking us out to dinner at a certain fast
food place in Saugus every weekend :)

 as far as I can recall, outside of WEZE's brief venture into oldies in
the early 70's, rock was verbotten!

idle thought    Phil Christe was another WORL jock in the mid 60's....