Broadcast group on Ham Radio: Ready to go!

Hello everyone!

A while back I posted a message asking if any of you would be interested
in a weekly
Broadcast discussion/info exchange on Ham Radio. I recieved quite a few
and we are ready to start on Tues. nite, May 6, at 9PM.  This time may be
adjusted
earlier, but we'll try 9 for now.  I apologize for the the delay to all
who responded, but it
took a couple of weeks for me to clear out all my Tues. eve committments
in order to
get this off to a good start!

You must have an Amateur license and FM gear for the 440-450 Mhz. UHF
band and/or the 50-54 Mhz. VHF band.  If you have a close friend who is a
ham, you can
also participate, if your friend will agree to let you use the equipment
with him or her
present. If you are not a Ham, please listen on your scanner--best with
an outside
antenna--and tuned to the  <Out> frequencies listed below.

We have the use of the NYNES (New York-New England Similcast) System.
Here's
the locations of the NYNES repeaters we will be using.
1. 448.000 out, 443.000 in, with an access tone of 162.2. Location=
Uncanoonuc Mtn.,
     Goffstown N.H. (near Manchester). This one should provide coverage
down as far
     as the NW Boston Suburbs if you have an outside antenna.
2. 448.000 out, 443.000 in, access tone=173.8,  Location=Fall River,
Mass.
     Coverage should extend from Hyannis to Brockton to East of
Providence with an
     outside antenna.
3. 448.000 out, 443.000 in, and 53.190 out, 52.190 in, both accessable
with a tone of
     162.2,  Location=Hartland, CT.   Coverage will extend from Meriden,
CT to
     Greenfield, Mass to Southbridge, Mass for UHF and farther north and
east for VHF
These three locations are interconnected, and we have additional
locations such as
Paxton, Woburn, York, ME, Keene NH, N Adams, MA, Meriden CT and a few
more that
are not yet connected, but use the same frequency, which we can make use
of after
we get started.

If you live near Boston proper, you may be able to get in on either
Goffstown or Fall
River, but you will be in fringe coverage. The best reception will be
with a Verticle
directional multi-element antenna, but a discone, dipole or even just a
hand-held
may work just fine depending on your location!l

Well, now that all the BORING DETAILS are out of the way.  I hope to hear
from
many of you this coming Tues nite at 9PM!   I'll come on a little before
9 and give
a call for Amateurs in the BRI/NERW group.

This will be a lot of fun talking about the same things  that we see
posted here!
Please listen, even if you don't have an Amateur permit.
SEE YOU ON TUES NITE AT 9PM!

Sincerely & 73,
Mark Casey                   Hampden, Mass  (just east of Springfield)
n1lzc@juno.com       and    map@map.com