Re: changes in ownership (was WORL History)

>Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 19:55:13 -0400
>To: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
>From: "Patrick J. Murray" <pjmurray@ma.ultranet.com>
>Subject: Re: changes in ownership (was WORL History)
>Bcc:
>>And also there's the musical chairs involved in the CBS tale-over of
>>Westinghouse.  Now that WBZ/WODS are owned by the same company, Ted Jordan
>>who was WBZ GM, is now at Oldies as GM; Ed Goldman, who had been promoted to
>>regional management in what was then Westinghouse, is now back as WBZ GM
>>again... Metro traffic is gone to WEEI, and now that Mel Karmazin owns
>>virtually all of Boston radio (including WBCN and WZLX, which used to be
>>fierce competitors), I am sure there will be other changes too (in addition
>>to the loss of the great old Westinghouse name...).
>
>My paychecks still say Westinghouse Broadcasting, but the envelopes they
>come in look like 30 Westinghouse Electric ones.   My theory is they will
>not officially change the name till they run out of their stationary.
>
>Patrick

Patrick Murray
pjmuray@ma.ultranet.com
http://www.ma.ultranet.com/~pjmurray/
508-384-1359
WBZ Radio and Television / New England Cable News / Kid Company Inc.
"From National Public Radio in Washington D.C.,
This is Weekend Edition, I'm Patrick Murray."

Well heck, I can dream, can't I?