WORL, WRYT, WROL et al....

  1965 or so they were a Top 40 daytimer and were an alternative to BZ and
MEX.
Ron Rayburn (sp?) did afternoons and I "believe" Ken Carter also pulled a
shift.
If I recall it was sometime in 1966 they changed calls to WRYT.
<<

Does anyone know what the lettters WRYT stood for....or why they were chosen?

I do remember my mom listening to someone...maybe Gus Saunders....saying
something like..."Remember where we are 9-50 on the AM dial...the RIGHT spot
on the dial..."   Or something similar...

I'm not sure if it actually stood for that...Or if he was just making it up
as an ad-lib...