Re: WORL History continued

At 05:53 AM 4/23/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Bob Perry got a job at
>another Boston station (I'm sure Dan knows which one-- I forget right now).

Sorry, Donna; I think this is the first time I've heard the name Bob Perry.
I suspect, though, that the demise of the old WORL was the biggest event of
its type in Boston broadcasting until the demise of the old WHDH-TV. How
much media attention attended the death of WLOE or the forced move of WAAB
from Boston to Worcester. Fine old New England broadcasting tradition,
huh?--involuntarily losing your FCC broadcast license in Boston. I wonder
whether any other metro area in the US can claim to have had more broadcast
licenses lifted by the FCC. That would be a very _difficult_ topic to
reaearch, I think.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205