Payola Scandal (Alan Freed)

     The "Payola Scandal" scapegoat and DJ in question was Alan Freed,
the subject of the 1978 blockbuster hit "American Hot Wax".  As it has
been said, Rock and Roll was brand new and was the most misunderstood
form of music on the planet at the time.  Fortunately, the music
survived in many forms....heavy metal, alternative, Top-40...etc.  I
was pleasantly surprised that heavy metal has a new ally....Pat Boone !
You probably have heard that he, along with Ozzy Osbourne and others
put together a new CD with some surprisingly good arrangements.  He
was chastised by the religious right for doing such a dastardly thing
that he was going to lose his program on one of the religious cable
networks he was doing.  His answer to all of this was to tell these
self-righteous preachers to "LIGHTEN UP".  Atta boy, Pat !  I personally
don't like heavy metal or alternative stuff but that's okay....others
like it.  Now, I am going to have my glass of milk................;) !

- -Pete-

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
P.O. Box 1183                           *                  +
Randolph, Massachusetts 02368-1183      *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                +\|/+
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *               + \|/ +