Re: 1957 airstaffs

At 03:33 AM 4/21/97 +0000, you wrote:

>What I remember around that time was a Sunday morning kids show (It was on
>right after WHDH's "Children's Playhouse.") which featured a succession of
>"uncles."  The first was Uncle Norm, who may perhaps have been Norm Tulin.

I don't think Norm Tulin worked at WHDH. After he left 'ORL, Tulin went to
New York to the old WHN (1050), where he became Norm Stevens. Bill Marlowe
also worked at WHN at about the same time.

The particular incarnation of WORL that Donna wrote about was very
professional. Each DJ had his own theme. Stan Richards wrote his own theme.
"You'll be sure to wind up smilin'/When it's nine-five-oh you're dialin'/
You're gonna love it we know-oh-oh/When you're lis'nin' to the Stan Richards
Show." Norm Tulin's theme went "No foolin'/no foolin'/Get ready to hear/Norm
Tulin..."

Seems as though Norm was a very popular first name among Boston DJs of that
era. Besides Tulin, there were Norm Nathan, Norm Prescott, and maybe some
others. Prescott also got to New York for a while, I believe--at the old
WNEW (AM). What pipes! I think Prescott was another of the Boston DJs who
was hurt by the payola scandals.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205