RE: The Boston Globe's TV/Radio "Reporte

 A. Joseph Ross, wrote:
>Proof-reading may correct typos, but it won't correct an inaccurate
story.

>BTW, has anyone seen fit to voice these complaints to Susan or to the
>Globe?    How else can they know they blew it?

Who is the proper person at the Globe unto whom we can/should voice our
discontent?  How should we voice our discontent?

A. e-mail?
B. snail-mail?
C. phone?
D. all of the above?

Somebody perhaps should compile a tidy list of the more egregious errata
for presentation to the complaint-meister at the Globe-haus.  If we're
going to complain, then we'd better be very correct or they'll dismiss
us.

If the "inaccuracies" in her column are frequent and serious, it would
seem likely that somebody, somewhere, somehow would have pointed them out
to her on one or more occasions.  If they did, then she's ignoring them.
 If not, then the majority of the readers apparently just don't care.

As a "News Professional" with a supposed interest in Radio/TV - wouldn't
it seem "logical" that she would (should?) be a "subscriber" to this
newsgroup?  As a person formerly in radio, but now working in Computers,
I had little difficulty finding out about this newsgroup (and others) -
surely a Boston newspaper reporter with a "nose for news" and an Internet
connection can do the same.

"Quotes" are either for emphasis and/or sarcasm - your choice.

Roger Kirk a.k.a The Wizard Of Music
rkirk@videoserver.com
lizarddj@tiac.net