Re: FRED CUSICK

Kevin Vahey wrote:

> It is strange how we remember what we heard so many years ago. Willing to
> bet I am not the only person on this list to remember Ken Meyer's phone
> number!!!!!! (That may have been the greatest cult show in the history of
> Boston radio....... Travel provided by Wiggins Airways!

I've been waiting to hear some talk about the great late Ken Meyer show on
WBOS!

He spun classic comedy albums from his house (in Brookline?) Sunday night
from midnight to 2, and read his own ads for late-night restaurants like
Ken's Pub in Central Square and Ken's After Hours, the Aku-Aku (free
delivery within a five-mile radius of Kenmore Square), and Charley's Eating
and Drinking Saloon, "thoroughly and totally opposite the Pru".

As a kid up in New Hampshire I had no idea where most of those places were,
but that show was the best thing since Jean Shepherd fell off the air.
And, man, wouldn't I love to hear those tapes again.   Do they exist?  Why
isn't Shep in some Broadcasting Hall of Fame yet?

Anybody remember those great ensemble albums like: "Scream on someone you
love today" and "You don't have to be Jewish"?

- ---
Richard Aquinas Chonak, rac@gabriel.cambridge.ma.us