best announcer

I'm working on a magazine article, as I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, and
would be interested in your opinion on the following:

In your opinion, who is/was the best radio announcer you ever heard?  What
made him (or her) so good?  Is there anyone around today that impresses you?

Also, let me know if I may quote your reply-- it may end up getting excised
by an editor, but you folks are a very literate and educated bunch, and I'd
love to use some of your quotes if possible.